Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Models Own Pink Fizz Nail Polish


As a late birthday treat to myself I bought something I've been itching to try for a few weeks. I have only ever heard good things about Models Own nail polishes. I made a visit to my local Boots and without exaggerating, I must have stood at the counter for 30-45 minute trying to decide wich one I wanted. There was such a huge selction to chose from and being such an indecisive person it caused me a bit of trouble. In the end I went for the Mini Models Own nail polish set which had a selction of three polishes from it's Wonderland collection.

For this pretty set the damage to my purse was £8. Usually being a bit of a bargain hunter this seemed a bit steep for three small nail polishes but I was completely swayed by the recommendations I was given and in all honesty, I'm glad I was. Completely worth the extra few pounds compared to other rivals on the market.

Models Own lives up to it's high reviews. The usual problem I have with glitter nail polishes is that the glitter spreads out thinly on my nails meaning I have to do layer upon layer so it also takes so much longer to dry. I applied a clear base coat and when I tried Models Own nail polish in Pink Fizz the glitter spread out enough over my nail only leaving a few gaps. I could have got a way with one layer but I did a second layer to see how it looked and I was so pleased with the results!

It dried quicker than I had expected it to. I have become used to using Barry M nail polish which have tendency to take a while to dry and go soft, causing smudges which infuriate me and many other women I know. I haven't had deal with such anger inducing issues with Models Own. 

The big question obviously is how long does it last?/how quickly does it chip? Mine lasted perfectly for a good 3/4 days until I visited the forest last Sunday and managed to chip mine trying to get through trees. If you put several layers on like I did they will chip off in much larger and more noticeable chunks but I take that as a positive because it is a lot easier to get the rest of with nail polish remover. 




I had a go at trying to capture the sparkles with my new gif making skills. 

Overall I loved this product so much that I am going to be sticking with Models Own for my Nail Polish needs. You can see the full range of colours and all the different sets on the Models Own Site - http://www.modelsownit.com/

My favourite colour out of the set is the one you can see on the far right called Southern Lights which I will make a post for soon!

Be sure to ask me any questions in the comments and feel free to share your own experiences and thoughts on the quality of this brand.

1 comment:

  1. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete